IPA & Fresh Mango Fritters
IPA mango fritters smothered in fragrant tropical IPA glaze. Perfectly crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, with juicy and sweet fresh mango chunks.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 12 fritters
- 1 mango fruit large, ripe, but still firm
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cara cara powder optional
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup IPA + more for the IPA glaze
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- frying oil enough to fill a dutch oven about 2 -3 inches deep or a similar deep frying pot/fryer as needed
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar for making the glaze or to simply dust over fritters
In a mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add the beaten eggs, melted butter and IPA and whisk to incorporate well.
Peel the mango, slice and dice the flesh (one mango yields just over 1 cup of diced fruit) and fold it into the batter.
Heat the frying oil to 375ºF. Be sure the temperature does not exceed that or fall below. Use a food thermometer or add a small piece of bread - it should brown in about 1 min.
Using two spoons carefully drop small amounts of batter in the oil (about 3 tbsp worth). Make 4 fritters at a time.
Cook for 2 minutes turning the fritters around occasionally.
Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
Serve with a dusting of confectioners sugar or a drizzle of IPA glaze.
To make IPA glaze whisk ¾ cup of confectioners sugar with about 1 tbsp of IPA. Add more if needed to reach desired consistency.