Hops Salt Recipe
Make your own hops salt following one of these two easy methods and use it in a variety of recipes to impart the aromas of your favorite hops without adding bitterness.
- coarse sea salt as needed
- hop pellets, as needed (your favorite hops) or
- hop flowers (cones) dried, as needed (your favorite hops)
Dried Hop Flowers (Cones) Method
- The fresher the hop pellets/flowers the better.
- Finishing hops are preferred to bittering hops (more aroma, less bitterness).
- Handle dried hop flowers with care as they are very fragile.
- Use about 1 tsp or 2 hop flowers to 1 tbsp salt as a guideline only. Vary as per your preferences.
- Store in an air tight container in a dark place. Best used within the first few weeks after mixed.