Fontina cheese (a true hero when it comes to melting powers) and sweet blonde ale with mild heat from fresh jalapeño. Really good with tortilla chips, crackers, bread.
Cuisine: American, American Beer Cheese Dip
Keyword: beer cheese dip, beer cheese fondue, beer cheese sausce
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 12 oz blonde ale substitute with amber ale or Munich Helles
- 1/2 pound a little over is OK of shredded Fontina cheese (works out to 3 cups full)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper seeds and inner ribs removed
- salt and white pepper to taste
Shred the Fontina, coat with the 1/4 cup flour and set aside to reach room temperature.
Once the cheese is at room temperature over medium heat melt the butter and add the diced jalapeño pepper. Stir a few times.
Add the additional 2 tbsp flour and stir to form a roux.
Slowly add and stir in the blonde ale.
Remove from heat and begin adding the flour coated shredded Fontina cup by cup, slowly stirring it in as it melts.
Season with salt and white pepper and transfer to a serving dish or a fondue pot to keep it warm.