Beersamic Roasted Carrots
Carrots of many colors are lightly salted and flavored with pepper then brushed with a delicious malty sweet and tangy beersamic (reduction of half balsamic vinegar, half malty brown ale) and roasted until soft and beginning to caramelize. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 -4 servings
- 1 lb multi colored carrots cleaned and ready to cook
- pinch of salt + pinch of pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of beersamic recipe: https://www.craftbeering.com/how-to-make-beersamic/
- 1 tbsp cooking oil to grease roasting sheet pan/skillet
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
Grease your roasting pan sheet/cast iron skillet with cooking oil.
*Arrange the carrots and season with salt and pepper.
Brush the beersamic glaze over them, turning them around to make sure all sides are well coated.
Roast for 20-25 minutes or until soft and beginning to caramelize. (After about 10 minutes you can temporarily pull them our of the oven to apply more beersamic glaze).
*If you prefer your carrots extra soft on the inside, blanche them prior to roasting. Bring a pot of water to boil and allow the carrots to cook for 3-5 minutes (depending on how thick they are or if you have halved them length-wise). Drain, shock in ice bath (or run under cold water) and proceed with recipe steps.