Beersamic Glazed Citrus Salmon
Salmon fillet and
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp oil for greasing baking sheet
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillet
- 3 oranges Cara Cara, navel, blood orange, etc
- 1-2 limes depending on size and preference
- medium red onion
- pinch of each salt & pepper to season fish and citrus
- 1/3 cup beersamic reduction recipe: https://www.craftbeering.com/how-to-make-beersamic/ or substitute with a mixture of 3 tbsp orange marmalade and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- zest of one orange for garnish
- small bunch fresh dill for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 °F.
Grease a baking sheet with the oil and place the salmon fillet in the center.
Slice the oranges, lime and peeled red onion into rings and arrange around the salmon fillet.
Season with salt and pepper (both fish and citrus).
Gently and generously brush with beersamic reduction (or orange marmalade + balsamic).
Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. At 15 minutes check the progress of the fillet (depending on its thickness and your oven's strength it may cook faster/slower). It is cooked when the internal temperature is 145 °F. Use the opportunity to flip some of the citrus slices and to apply another coat of beersamic glaze. Cook further if necessary or take out of the oven if already cooked (fillet cuts from closer to the tail will cook faster).
Finely chop the fresh dill and mix with the zest of one orange. Sprinkle over the citrus salmon once it is out of the oven and serve.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 14.2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 6.5mg | Potassium: 981mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.6mg