IPA Piña Colada
This twist on the classic cocktail is for you if you generally like the flavors in a Piña colada, but not the insane level of sweetness. Feel free to alter the quantities of the ingredients as per your personal preference.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 cocktails
- 4 large 1 inch thick slices of fresh pineapple, cores removed or 3 oz of pineapple juice from concentrate
- 3 oz coconut cream not cream of coconut, there is a difference:
- 2 oz of rum dark recommended
- 6 oz IPA half a bottle, the rest is for you to ensure the IPA tastes good
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 1 slice of fresh pineapple for garnish optional
Blend the pineapple slices and strain. You should derive about 4 oz of pineapple juice (or use the 3 oz of concentrate pineapple juice).
In a blender drop the ice cubes, add the pineapple juice, coconut cream and rum. Blend.
Split the Piña colada mixture between two glasses and add IPA.
Stir to blend with the mixture (there will be some beautiful IPA lace on top, yum).
Garnish with pineapple slice or not and enjoy!