Pan Fried Oysters
Pan fried oysters encased in a crunchy, golden brown mantle. Best enjoyed right away. Serve with lemon wedges and remoulade.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1-1 1/2 pint shucked oysters
- cooking oil as needed, must be about 1/2 inch deep in pan
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup beer (citrusy IPAs or malt forward lagers and ales work equally well) (sub with milk for non-alcoholic option)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, sliced in wedges for garnish
Heat the oil to 370-375 F.
In the meantime beat eggs, beer, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powders and cayenne if using.
Mix the flour and Panko bread crumbs in another bowl.
Dip the oysters in the egg wash mixture and thoroughly roll them in the breading. Arrange them onto a pan sheet.
Fry for about 1-2 minutes per side depending on the oysters size until they turn golden brown. Do not overcrowd the pan.
Briefly drain on paper towels and serve while still hot. Garnish with lemon wedges.