Even people who don’t like craft beer know that beer and pretzels are the best of friends. Our hops salted chocolate covered pretzels embody said friendship to a tee.
Sure, slapping some chocolate over pretzel rods is not a huge deal. Not even when the chocolate is powered with hops salt.
But the resulting flavor is very much worth it. It is easy work, too.
All you need is store bought pretzel rods, your favorite chocolate chips, hops salt and optional crushed peanuts or even bacon bits if you are up for it.
You will melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to the manufacturer’s instructions and mix in the hops salt.
Then you can dip the pretzels in the chocolate (be sure to use a mason jar or a glass to leverage the depth) or drizzle the hops salted melted chocolate over the pretzels (lay them over parchment paper first).
The chocolate packs only a tad of hoppy zing and aroma. We used Mosaic infused salt.
You can also make your own hops salt and adjust the amount of hops infusing it to taste. If you are a fan of a more intense hops presence – go for it! Here is a tutorial on how to make hops salt.
For as little work as you’ll end up doing the end result is very pleasing to both the eye and the taste buds. Well, the accompanying beer too.
- 1 cup of chocolate chips, dark or unsweetened recommended
- 1 tbsp coarse salt (hops salt)
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts, or other nuts if you prefer
- 24 pretzel rods, use your favorite brand
- In a mason jar (or a tall glass) melt the chocolate chips per the instructions on the package.
- Add the hops salt to the melted chocolate and stir well.
- Dip the pretzel rods and use a knife to assist you in coating them with the chocolate, leaving just enough uncovered surface at the bottom for holding.
- Set each chocolate covered pretzel on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts (or other nuts)
- Place the sheet in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set.
- Alternatively, arrange several pretzel rods next to each other on top of parchment paper lined baking sheet and drizzle the hops salted chocolate with a spoon in all four directions, one direction at a time. Again, place in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set.
- If you have a little bit of melted chocolate left, go at it with a spoon and enjoy. Do not save it for later, there is no point.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 427mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g